Sunday, October 23, 2011

High Tea

Ever since I started my diet (lost 8 pounds since September 10th, woohoo!), I've come to really appreciate the concept of 'Eye Candy'. According to Gwen, looking at photos of carbs isn't calorific, so it's safe. Every day I take the time out to look at baking websites and other goodies (Paula Deen! Squeal!) since I have to cut down on my delicious baking. Gwen and I email back and forth with recipes on a regular basis. It helps.

In fact, I have a confession to make, .... I visited an awesome new baking store in Sand-Land and .....
actually bought a cookbook called 'High Tea'. Yes, an entire cookbook for high tea.
You see, according to my Mum, I came out of her stomach holding a dainty teacup and a rolling pin. I have an obsession with tea. Not the drink itself, but the whole concept of having a cup of tea, or inviting people over for tea and baking for tea... and high tea. All my life, I've been baking to fulfill my dream of arranging high-teas for anyone and everyone. When we're rich and organized, Gwen and I are going to open our own bakery. We'll also have an adjoining tea lounge. White linen, comfortable chairs, teas, and beautiful treats. Music, wild flowers and .... sigh.

So, when I was in London earlier this year I made a point of dressing up and going out to high tea, regardless of how expensive it was (40 pounds per person!)... it was incredible. I left feeling inspired. I felt like a child again. Here are some of the photos from my experience at the Landmark hote. Evidently, you have to book the Ritz weeks in advance *insert snobbish voice of receptionist*
I have yet to perfect the art of making scones, but that's on my to-do list for life. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment